Career in Hotel Management
Hotel management is one of the highly job oriented field; it covers a wide range of services including food service, accommodation and catering. The major job fields in the hospitality sector include Hotels, resorts, fast food chains, restaurants, etc.
One can also join this course because of its large scope in other countries also. Students wish to do this course to make their career in abroad countries. With the increasing globalization, the hotel chain is also increasing widely. Through this course, you can join government and non-government sectors as well.
There are large no. of courses available in the hotel management field. The student can choose the course as per his academic qualifications. The detailed list of the courses is given below:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Master of Science in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
- Craftsmanship Courses
Some of the colleges Offering Hotel Management are:
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
If you are looking for a career in hotel management, then there are a certain eligibility criteria that you have to fulfill. This is given below:
Certificate Course: The certificate courses are generally short-term courses for the duration of 6 months to one year. The candidates can pursue these courses after completing 12th class.
Diploma Course: A candidate must pass class 10th or 12th with minimum 40% marks having English as a compulsory subject.
Degree Course: for an undergraduate degree in hotel management, the candidate must be 12th passed with minimum 50% and having English as a compulsory subject.
Postgraduate Degree course: After completing an undergraduate degree program, the candidate may go for a postgraduate program. The basic eligibility for this program is 45% marks in graduation from a recognized university.
The admission to the various courses in the hotel management is based on the hotel management entrance exam. The selection in the various courses is based on NCHMCT JEE 2021 conducted in the month of April. The application for the same is out in the month December. Apart from this there are various other hotel management entrance exam, conducted by the big hotel chains for admission in the own training institutes.
Career and Jobs
After completing the course there are various job opportunities for the student to work with large hotel chains, in the merchant navy , Cafeteria, Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services, Club management, Cruise Ship Hotel Management, Hospital administration and catering, Hotel and Tourism Associations, Hospitality services in the Indian Navy, Forest Lodges, Guest Houses, resorts, Kitchen Management Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies, etc.
“You can also go for the self employment (as an entrepreneur)”.